Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Update!

This year we let the schools celebrate Valentines Day for us! This is Halle at her preschool Fondue party!



Kelton's class had a little party too. They played heads up 7 up. The kids loved it! It was funny watching the kids slowly figure out how to play the game. It is a hard concept for a kindergartner to understand that you only get to touch one persons thumb!


Kara's class just handed out Valentines and then pasted them into a book. As we were addressing our Valentines the kids kept adding more people to their list. The bus drivers, oh and the PE teacher, the librarian, the computer teacher, the music teacher..... I thought it was nice, but I was getting tired and we were onto making homemade Valentines as we had ran out of all the store bought ones. We finally finished (: I don't think I love crafts! I like to look at other peoples, but I actually don't enjoy spending a lot of time making things like Valentines cards.

Hayden's class just handed out cards too. Here is Mr. Star Wars setting up one of his many battles!

Kara the other night got all the babies out and made beds for them around the playroom. I thought it was cute. She was getting so into tucking all the babies into their beds and kissing them all good night. She does this really intense little clap when she is doing things especially when she is really into what she is doing. I think it is cute and funny!


What to do with this child of mine! Sometimes I really don't know what to do with this guy!

The kids have been building with those beads that you iron. It has been like a factory around here building clones, and robots for Hayden's army of bead people.

Here's a few of Hayden's favorites right now. He really likes the Shadow Children. Thank goodness there are a lot in that series to keep him busy. If he does not have a book to read, well then we all suffer a little. He's entering that stage of lets see who I can annoy and chase!


So last night Hayden was allowed to read until 10 and then he was to turn out his light and go to bed. Instead of following these instructions by his parents he got up took all of my rags and stuffed a life size Hayden. He then decided he wanted to wake up Kara and Kelton and scare them with this stuffed dummy. Kelton was so tired he never woke up, but Kara started to cry, not because she was scared, but because Hayden woke her up. Well Hayden ended up in big trouble. So now you know why I say "what to do with this child." Lately he has not been excelling in the area of obedience! I really don't want to go through the teenage years. I can just imagine coming into Hayden's room when he is a teenager to find this stuffed person and Hayden gone.
The next day Hayden made another one of these stuffed bodies the same size as Mr. Keltonator. Then the next day he stuck his underwear into the sink and filled the seek with water (to rinse his undies, we won't go into the details of this) so then he lay down into his bed with the water running. Well he fell asleep and flooded the bathroom. I came in after exercising to hear this trickling and it seemed to me the ceiling in the kitchen was bulging a bit. Brent said, "no Hayden was probably showering and he did not think the ceiling was bulging." Well he decided to go and get the kids moving any how! Well let's just say all those rags Hayden had stuffed into those pretend bodies came in good use! The joys of parenting.

We did have a nice weekend as a family. We went and saw the Lightning Thief. Hayden me and Brent had all read the books so we were excited to see the movie. We ended up seeing the Tooth Fairy movie on Friday because they were sold out of the Lightning Thief and the kids were devastated! Seriously Kara and Kelton had been so excited about seeing a movie and they had worked all day doing chores, getting ready, counting down the minutes until the movie was to start that when they heard the movie was sold out they just broke down crying. So we decided to see the Tooth Fairy movie on Friday (it was O.K.) and the Lighting Thief on Saturday (it was great, they did say the A word a couple of times and Medusa lost her head which was a little gross, no one got into bed with us Saturday night so I don't think it was too scary).
Hayden originally was a little upset that we were seeing the Tooth Fairy movie as he thought there was no way we would ever take them to see 2 movies in one weekend. Well everyone was really happy, but they soon forgot about all the fun we had together over the weekend when it was time to go to bed and Brent did not have time to play with them. You'd think we never do anything with them.... so of course we need more lessons on being grateful...........and maybe we will just have to send them to Haiti for a while!

Well a little update since I wrote this post last week, but never published it, because I accidentally erased a few of the pictures and did not have time to download them until now. I went to a woman's roadshow. I can't remember the name of it, but it was absolutely great! I'm so glad I went. I actually feel a little bad about complaining about my strong willed sweet little first born child. I think I'll try to be a better mom, more like those amazing ladies that put on that great little inspirational show for us. I wish I could remember their name. If you ever get the chance to see them you should go. I loved it! I haven't felt like that in a long time. So so glad I went(:


So this is what happens to an update when you write it over a 2 week period and get interrupted at least 350 times. It ends up being a jumbled up mess, and now my computer is saying it is not going to save any of my changes!
Halle also gave a talk in church today. Before we left for church she through a fit because I would not let her wear her bright pink polk-a-dot socks with her light up princess shoes. I did however let her change her dress to the Laura Ingles pioneer dress! Then of course she ended up having to come home during sacrament because she through a crazy fit about Kara's puppies collar. Then I ended up giving her talk (she did stand up by the microphone and mouth the words)! I just had to add this little bit of fun! Oh how I love this crazy girl of mine!!

2 comments:

The Dobbs said...

Never a dull moment at the Hucks home. We are excited to come join the fun this summer. It's so funny the differance between boys and girls and what they like to play with. Great job in the reading department Hayden. I can't believe he reads like that.
..Are you guys planning on putting your pool up this summer? Oh, and I'm not sure you got my email, but thanks for all the happy birthday's!!

The Hyde's said...

I love to read about everything that happens in the Hucks family. Kids will be kids. Hayden keeps you and Brent on you toes. MAx loves to read and is reading all the same books Hayden is. He stays up way to late reading and then is always so tired the next day for school. We are glad he loves reading but hope he realizes how important sleep is too. Hope Kara has a great b-day and baptism.