Thursday, February 25, 2010

A little Field Trip to Bogus!

I'm trying to think how I should go about writing this little update. I'll try and stay positive since everyone already knows what it really takes to do any type of trip with any number of children that consists of hats, gloves............... cinching, tightening, straightening, re-straightening, buttoning, zipping, itching, snapping, whining, did I say whining?, sweating to death in 30 degree weather, and then redoing all those things mentioned above after every potty break! Lets just say I think we got our exercise in today! I only got two pictures of Hayden and both are of him on his knees. He wanted me to make sure and mention that most of the time he was not on his knees. He was completely soaked by the end of the day. I had to give him my gloves. His gloves were so wet they felt like he had gone in the bathroom and ran cold water in them. I couldn't believe he could even keep skiing with his gloves like that. He never complained, I only found out they were wet when he handed them to me to go to the bathroom.
This guy was so independent he would just jump on the lift and go solo. If he beat us down he never even waited, just took off! I have to admit he did do a lot of crying. He thinks he needs to be perfect and so he just cries over every little mistake until you wonder could this kid really have any tears left?

Halle was a firecracker as usual! She loved it! She could not get enough. She never got cold and never wanted to leave!




Brent did most of the work with Halle! My knee does not like the snow plow!!

Halle was in heaven! She never got tired!!

These guys went and went and went they did not even want to stop for food.


O.K I took a lot of pictures in just a little bit of time, because my hands were freezing, I thought Halle looked so cute!

It ended up being the most beautiful day! It started out a little cloudy and ended up sunny and warm, well around 35 degrees!

We started out early and were on the slopes by 11am. We planned on only staying for a few hours as we thought the kids would get tired! Boy were we wrong! We didn't leave until 7pm and that was because I was tired(:

I always wonder if I should write anything along with the picture, because you know when you look back at pictures even if the whole trip was a disaster when you see the pictures you think oh wasn't that fun!

We actually really did have fun! There was absolutely no one there, but us, and the kids had a blast. Hayden decided that this was definitely the way to do it (skip school)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KARA!!

1 comment:

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

sorry for being MIA forever! Cute pictures! That looks like SO much fun, but oh my it also looks like a LOT of work, like you mentioned.... good on you! We've never been skiing, but I don't think my kids would have a clue or even enjoy it, who knows :) Well, I gotta go catch up with ya now lol