Friday, January 15, 2010

For my #1 Fan

Grandam this is for you! Grandma reads my updates regularly and she was wondering what happened to me! Thanks Grandma for being my #1 FAN! So I haven't taken many pictures lately, but here are a few! Halle always gives me a good reason to get out the camera! I don't know where this outfit came from, I definitely never dress like that(:
Oh what to say about Halle. She keeps me entertained all day long.

This is something very rare so I had to take a picture!


She was being rather bossy and then all the sudden she was so quiet, I went to find her and this is where she was. She gets really bossy when she is tired!
Update: for those who want to be bored out of their mind read on! I'm feeling a bit boring so it should be an extra boring update(:
January well I don't like January or February! Sorry to anyone who has a Birthday at this time! I just heard on the news or maybe it was a commercial for the Dr.s that you can be allergic to the cold. I think I am allergic to the cold! I am grateful yesterday was a beautiful day no wind, blue skies and in the upper 40's. I know I shouldn't complain about the weather there are a lot worse things than the cold, but I still don't like the cold!!! So anyways I'm still trying to pass this stupid kidney stone and am really getting tired of it! Actually it's not that bad, it only acts up occasionally. I tried the coke and asparagus thing. It didn't work for me, but I only could get down about 13 Asparagus and 1/2 can a coke before I thought I'd Ralf! I also tried the Lemon juice thing. Way better than asparagus. I don't think I like asparagus anymore! So Brent helped me squeeze 20 or so lemons and I drank 12 oz of lemon juice straight and then you drink about an ounce in 8 ounces of water over 12 hours. I think this may be working. I don't know though because I can still feel the stone, but I have hope that it is working. I did feel rather sick the one day of drinking the lemon juice, but I think that is because I tend to go a little overboard when I do things and so I was drinking double the amount of lemon juice, who knows, I certainly don't.
I also finished filling out my nursing paperwork so I could possibly get a job, and then I realized that it had been over a year since I had requested the paper work so I have to redo the whole thing!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
We have been doing late nights with the kids. It is this really fun idea a friend of mine told me about. I don't know maybe I wrote about these, well anyways the kids love them, and it makes bed time so much easier and faster! So one night a week the kids get to stay up with us for about 45 minutes passed there bed time. The great part is that if your not in your bed when the clock strikes 8:30 (for us) then you lose your late night. It has been really fun spending some one on one time with each kiddo and they absolutely do not want to lose their late night so they are in bed so quick when it is not there late night. Halle walks around saying "oh is it my late night? I don't want to miss my late night!"
I also started a chore chart well actually it is more of a "if you want to be in this family chart." I made a list of all the things I wanted them to do in the morning and when they get home from school. Easy stuff like put shoes under bench, back pack on hook, coat on hook, homework in basket, piano, etc. stuff only Kara does with out being asked. They put checks by the items. Kelton said, "I love this!" So far it is working. I am determined to keep it up, unlike most of my other failed attempts at charts and rewards. This one is really easy so I think I can manage it!
Halle is at a friends right now and I am cleaning my office, well I should be! My computer in the kitchen died, so I don't look at the computer like I used too. Brent is working like crazy and for once in my life I actually am encouraging him to work all he can! Funny how things change when circumstances change!
Well I hope this is a good year, and I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, sunny, hopeful January!! I am grateful for hope(: I can't imagine a world with out hope!




5 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

That was definitely not a boring post and I even read the WHOLE thing! I'm sorry about the pain you are in because of that damned kidney stone (do you allow swearing on your blog?!!) This too shall pass! I also love your late night idea. Last night I thought we were finally going to have the kids in bed by 8 and before I knew it is was after 9. I don't know why I can't get a handle on this, but maybe your idea will work.

The Dobbs said...

I also read the whole thing. I'm so sorry you have a kidney stone. I've never had one (knock on wood!!) I hope it ends soon or passes i guess I should say. Anyway, Jan and Feb are pretty blah months, but I guess they're not too bad at our house since Brody and I both have birthdays. I'm turning 31, how crazy is that. Anyway, I love to hear how things are going so keep the posts coming. Also, way to go on the chore chart. I give you props for anything you try. this parenting thing can be rough sometimes. Love ya lots, HED

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I love the late night thing, I hadn't heard of that idea before so I am glad you posted it! We SAVOR our Kids in bed by 8 rule, a lot of times it doesn't work by 8 but what would we do without that time where you can actually hear yourself think of things that you need to be aware of for the next day! :) We end up doing the late night thing at least once during the week days anyway, so I think by implementing this the other nights would go smoothly, so thanks! Sorry about your kidney stone :( that bites the big one :( Your post about finishing your paperwork for nursing was encouraging to me as i have spent the entire morning (working) complaining about having to work :) It is nice to know other people are in similar situations of doing things they don't always want to do!

Jennece said...

I just got over a galbladder stone and is trying to heal the galbladder the "natural" way it's a huge PAIN!! I Feel Your PAIN! The only time we have late nights is when the kids have friends over, instead of sleep overs, we don't torture ourselves! Ha Ha. I am glad I found your blog again!

Laura said...

Oh ALison, I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stones. Are you over this by now (forgot to look at the post date)? That is terrible, I hope you get better soon.
Love the pics of Halle. She is seriously the cutest little thing.
Happy New Year.