Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TROUBLE!!

I trade with a friend and the kids love playing together! Kelton asked if him and Zack could build a fort. Usually I would have them build it upstairs, but I decided "oh why not go ahead and destroy the family room!!" I was making some lunch in the kitchen while Halle and Choe played in the family room! I could hear them playing and talking with one another and so did not go to check on them! Kelton came running in an said, "Chloe and Halle have STYROFOAM!" I was thinking what could they possibly be doing with Styrofoam?"
Aren't they cute! Thanks for the tip boys! Just wish I had gone the first time they told me! They were tearing it apart making my entire downstairs look like it had snowed! All I could do is laugh and get my camera, and then think to myself "Wow, I was not expecting that one!" (The Styrofoam was in a box in another box that I keep gifts in, so now you understand why I was so shocked, I did not even know that I had Styrofoam!

Here the girls are cleaning it up! They thought it was so much fun to try and vacuum it up! For all about 5 minutes, and then the job became mine!
Conclusion: This is why I never schedule cleanings! I just think to myself I really need to vacuum the floor and low and behold someone dumps a whole bag of smashed chips on the floor, and so I vacuum. Or I think I really need to mop and again like magic someone pours their own glass of milk, but misses and the entire gallon of milk is on the floor and so I mop! Or I think that bathroom really needs cleaning and low and behold again a herd of little boys come to play at my house and all use the bathroom and so I clean it up! Or I think I really need to wipe down the walls and low and behold the neighborhood children come and have Popsicles at my house and then walk through the house making beautiful sticky finger designs all over the walls as they walk toward the bathroom to wash their hands and so I wipe the walls down! Definitely a blessing! How would my house ever get cleaned with out my little helpers!! And just think if I had actually cleaned when it was scheduled I would have been disappointed in the spill or mess, but because I waited I am now grateful for the mess that forced me to clean!!


1 comment:

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

haha I love your perspective! Those crazy giant messes always seem to happen right after I clean, so I'm going to wait for them now lol I guess I should have some sort of limit to how long I'll wait tho :)