Friday, September 2, 2011

Topics of the Week!

I wanted to add a few happenings this week before we get busy with the weekend.  I'm heading into gulfport again this morning.  This time to get supplies for the tropical storms brewing in the gulf.  We had quite a bit of rain today and yesterday.  I guess there is a tropical depression heading our way.  So we may be able to baptize Kelton right under the house!

Kelton says, "I hate yelling teachers!  I'm just sitting there thinking don't get into trouble, don't get into trouble, because I don't want to get yelled at like that!"  I said, "really it's that bad, can you show me how it sounds, just yell at me like they are yelling so I know how it sounds."  Kelton tries, but never seems to be able to do it.  He just can't yell at me( : .
Kara chimes in with "well it's kind of like this my teacher says, "Hey ya all better not miss number 3 or I'm gonna beat ya all  with my stanky shoe!  Ya all here me, ya all better not be missing number three!"  Hayden then offers some logic like only he can do and says, "I don't think they are yelling because they don't like you it just because they are used to yelling and so that is what they do!"  Kelton says, "I still don't like it!  I then asked Kara "Did you miss number 3?"  She says, "Yes it's the only one I missed!"  I then asked her if she got the stanky shoe thrown at her.  She didn't!  I'm going to have to tape her mimicking her teachers some time because it is hilarious.  Kelton is not seeing the humor in it.  He just keeps comparing the teachers here to the ones in Idaho.  He also told me a new little girl moved in from New York.  He told me he doesn't really like her, so I asked why and he said, "she pulls her princess under ware up really high so everyone can see them and when Kaitlyn (his really cute little friend)  says pull your pants up she just pulls her under ware up even more."  I said is there another reason why you don't like her, because just showing your under ware doesn't seem like a really good reason to not like someone.  Kelton says, " well she is always getting into trouble."  I then said, "well sometimes people from New York are kind of rude (my personal experience, I know everyone from New York)."  He then says, "yes and people from Idaho are never rude, because Mrs. A (his first grade teacher) is never rude!"  The funny thing is people out here think everyone from the West (and the West seems to be Utah) is rude.

 O.K so here is a kind of funny story.  I went to lunch with a girl from church.  She has a really strong accent and is originally from South Carolina so her accent is real cute and nice to listen to.  So her mother in law is Elaine Ladner.  It's a huge name out here.  I think she had like 16 kids so she was filling me in on the family drama.  Anyways she kept saying MissyLane.  So I finally stopped her and said, "I thought her last name was Ladner."  She said, "Oh I always just call her MissElaine."    I said, "Oh so people call her Missy Lane?"   She says, "Oh ya I just call her MissElaine."  I then say, "So was her maiden name Lane?"  She is looking at me like I'm a little crazy and I'm just wondering where she got the nickname Missy Lane.  She told me again that she just calls her MissElaine.  I finally just say "oh."  not really getting it.  Well about 8 hours later a light bulb went off and I realized she was saying Miss Elaine not Missy Lane.  I'm still working on the language.

So a little update on Hayden.  Now that he is 12 it's hard to get him to open up unless it's time for bed and then he's a little happy chatter box, but until then he usually is full of "I don't knows."  He also likes to argue.  We call it his pain body.  Whenever things seem to be good he likes to have something to argue about  so the other day we were telling our stories about the day with a southern accent (it's just  more fun).  Hayden says, "No one at my school has an accent!" Then when I picked him up from the bus on time.  He gets in the car and says, "the bus was late today" (it wasn't because I have satellite time so I know exactly when the bus comes)  Anyways he'll just keep arguing the issue even when we give him really good proof.  Drives me crazy!  I'll even say "I'm not going to argue with you, we can just have different opinions about this subject."  But he just keeps arguing.  He knows he is doing it, but he just keeps doing it!  

I wish I had some good pictures.  I'm going to take some good pictures this weekend.  Jenny and Charles and the Family are coming from Tennessee for Kelton's baptism.  We are very excited to have our first visitors!!

No comments: