Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kelton Gets Baptized! Bradshaws and Tropical Storm Lee hit the Hucks' home!


Tropical Storm Lee started hitting us on Thursday.  On Friday they let the kids out of school about 10 minutes early because of the storm.  The kids ran home from the bus stop because I wasn't there to pick them up.  I wasn't expecting them for 10 more minutes.  Halle said she was scared, but Kelton said he knew the way and brought them all home safely!  Kara said, "In Idaho you get snow days and here you get flood days.  I like snow days better!"  It is categorized a hurricane if winds hit 75 miles an hour and a tropical storm for anything less.  Lee's winds were expected to hit 65 miles per hour.  There were a few Tornado watches around the coast too.

So as the rain fell, we watched the weather channel, and cleaned everything up under our house preparing for a flood.
We had some serious down pours and our yard was pretty swampy!  I was hoping it would kill the red ants(no luck)!
I was a little afraid an alligator might decide to live in our yard with all the water.  The funny thing is I had been watering the yard really good starting on Monday!  I told Brent, "No one else is watering there yards.  Are you sure we need to be watering(no one seems to have sprinkler systems so it is kind of a pain to water your yard especially when it is quite large)?  He kept saying, "we can't kill her grass or were going to be spending a lot of money fixing her house back up."  So I watered and watered and then Lee came.  Good thing I watered so much.
The water is usually about 5 feet or more lower!

Normally you have quite a jump from the dock!  I'd say this is at least 5 feet above what it usually is.

Our neighborhood roads flooded a bit.
The down poor.  It is hard to catch the rain coming down!  At times the rain was so hard it was as if someone was spraying our window with the hose.  A couple of trees fell over, but I think it was because they had termites.  The wind never really got that bad where we are.
My little Keltonator was so excited to be baptized!  
It had been such a crazy weekend I was afraid everything was not going to turn out so good!  Thankfully our amazing ward and Jenny and Charles and Family showed up to save the day!  It made it a beautiful baptism!
The ward typed up my program and printed the music we were singing and then all showed up to see Kelton baptized!  He was baptized on Sunday right after church.  Cousin Cal played all the music for us like a pro!  Charles gave the talk on Baptism and Jenny gave the talk on The Holy Ghost.  Kelton payed really close attention and never took his eyes off of them.  I think he heard every word.  He also fasted that day!  I was so proud of him.  Kara, Halle and Salle sang "I like to look for Rainbows (the baptism song, that is not the name, but that is how I always remember it).  They did a great job.  Then Hayden and Mac gave the opening and closing prayers.  They gave the most heart felt prayers I have ever heard.  Anyways for all the craziness I was feeling it all went very smoothly.  I don't think it could have been a better day!  While we were baptizing Kelton Tropical Storm Lee was dumping loads of water!  The one side of the parking lot was up to my ankles.  I don't think Kelton will ever forget his baptism!  The only thing that could have made it better is if all of our extended family could have come( :  !
I can't believe how old he is getting!  I just watched a little video of him when he was 2 and it made me a little sad, because he is growing up so fast.  Where does the time go?

The kids were so excited for their cousins to come!  We were so glad that the Bradshaw's did not get scared and turn around!  They drove right into the storm!

Little Miss Tye Dye!  Sally reminds me of Little Miss Muffet, but I think Little Miss Tye Dye describes her best!
Kelton got some new scriptures from Mom and Dad and a really cool scripture case from Grandma and Grandpa!
He thought it was really cool!


The girls had lots of fun playing together!
Mac!
Cal, Kelton, Mac, and Hayden!  We had lots of fun hanging out together.
Mac and Hayden are the same age. 
The whole clan.  I meant to get a picture of us all dressed up on Sunday and than forgot, so we got this one of us looking quite sloppy( : !  I don't think we even combed our hair.  We were pretty much stuck at home all weekend!



Singing, dancing, and jumping!



Risk

After the storm the weather was beautiful!  It cooled it down to 80 degrees with virtually no humidity!
We went to the beach to play a little football, Lacrose, baseball, fishing, and sand castle building.  We really only had about 45 minutes so I'd say we were a little optomistic about how much we could do!
The water had cooled down quite a bit!
What is this?  Jelly Fish washed up on the beach from the storm!



 More Jelly Fish!  
The boys decided they wanted to sign up for the Lacross team here.

2 comments:

Kathy D said...

So sorry we couldn't be there for the baptism. What is Kelton holding in his hand at the baptism? Congrats Kelton! So glad that Hurricane Lee didn't pound you more than it did - CRAZY pics of those jelly fish! Yikes!

The Grantham Family said...

Ok. So listen! As much as I am so HAPPY that you are getting settled in your new digs ... I would be lying if I said it didn't bug me just a little. Only cuz I miss ya on the stair master! I LOVE your new place as it has been "Alison-ized!" Seriously. Who knew you were magical when it came to organization! It was fun to catch up and see what you Hucks have been up to! Miss ya girl ....

ps. Could ya tell "Missy Lane" her friend from Idaho says hello! Hee hee!