Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sand Dunes in Reno!

I forgot about these pictures! On our way home from Reno the kids (meaning mostly Hayden) were begging for us to stop so they could run up and down these sand dunes on the side of the road!

Halle was asleep in the car (was is the key word).

I wish the beach sand was this nice!
Grandma Dobbs had her Birthday the other day. We all went to Fudruckers to celebrate. The kids had made her cards, but the boys had been distracted by some of the games so we decided to open gifts with out them. I was reminding the kids that Great Grandma Benge's birthday was coming up on Friday. Hayden then said, "what about Grandma?" I said, "remember we celebrated at Fudruckers!" He said, "what about my card?" I said, "oh she loved it, you must have been playing video games when she read the cards. She thought it was really funny!" He said, "really it wasn't suppose to be funny!" Kara looked at him and said, "Hayden grown-ups think everything is funny. Whenever they read a card it may just say "Have a great Birthday Grandma!", but all the grown-ups will laugh!" I did feel a little bad that we laugh at all the cards, mostly because the cards they make are really cute. I have to tell you that Hayden's card said, "Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope your day is full of bugs!" He had then drawn a lady bug. Hayden had been asking me what grandma really loved and we had talked about her garden and so I think he decided she must love bugs, especially bugs for her garden. I hope I never get wished a day full of bugs, because unlike grandma I really don't like bugs! I really love how kids think. It really does make life fun.

1 comment:

pillingfamily said...

sometimes i REALLY wish i could get inside my kids' heads. i think i'd be a lot more patient if i knew what the heck they're thinking when they do certain things.
funny about the bugs!