Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hayden Football!

Hayden played flag football this fall! He tried really hard this year! When you live in Idaho you just have to love football. Hayden started out in soccer and then he decided he really wanted to play football. I wasn't so sure I really wanted him to, but he was sure that he wanted to play. He really wanted to play tackle, but we told him he had to prove that he really wanted to play and show a little heart, knowledge, and skill in the game first.

In the last two games Hayden intercepted the ball and ran the ball in for a touch down! He was so proud of himself and so were we. I'm still not sure if I want him to play tackle football especially after his little friend stayed with us and named off half his team that were injured last year in football.

I am very proud of Hayden for working really hard at something that was not easy for him. He started out not really even being able to catch the ball a few years ago. He would come home from school and say "I play football with the kids at school, but they never throw the ball to me because I'm not good." I always felt so bad for him, but that is the facts of life. He never seemed too bothered by it at least he did not seemed bothered. Well, I think he is pretty good now! Good job Hayden for sticking with it. You did Awesome!
Oh I have to add too that Hayden's team started out as the underdog loosing all of their games in the beginning and then all of the sudden they just came a live and finished 3rd in their tournament. All of us parents couldn't believe it was the same team!
Grandma and Grandpa came to a few games too, which Hayden really appreciated. Grandpa took a lot of time practicing with Hayden. I brought my camera to the last game they came to and took all these really cute pictures, and even got the cutest picture of my mom and dad. I got into the car to go through them all and it popped up with No SD card! I was sooo bummed and could not believe it, because during the game I kept scrolling back through all the pictures.


No comments: