Saturday, October 30, 2010

Youth Halloween Party!

Back to the 80's We had a Combined Young men and Young Women Halloween party at my house!!

These leos were my mom's workout clothes! Jen the crazy girl to the right of me is my partner in crime. We spent 4 days solid just me and her taping, hammering, and laughing as we set up the backyard for the party. We did a spook alley down the side yard. I wish I would have gotten better pictures, because it turned out really cool. I just got so busy. The four days prior to the party it was a rainy windy mess outside. Every time we tried to set something up the wind would blow it right down. Jen took horrible pictures of me balancing on top of the fence (she talked me into wearing the leo over my clothes while we set up to get us in the mood) trying to nail the tarp down. She laughed at me the whole time. I felt like my sister Natalie was with me because that is what she does (laugh at me while I am in a precarious situation).

We did an American Idol type theme and taught the kids the dance thriller. Me and the three other girls in the picture were the special guest that night that taught the girls thriller. Then Randy, Simon, Paula, and Zombie Ryan Seecrest (Brent) judged the kids as they performed. We also set up a big screen in the backyard with the actual Micheal Jackson thriller playing.

I tried to snap off some quick pictures. My boys, Natalie's boys and Jen's boys were Zombies in the Spook Alley. They thought it was lots of fun. We also had some scary leaders in their too.

Here are a few more not so great pictures!

The kids watching the thriller on the big screen. We divided them into two groups and taught them the dance inside the house. I seriously don't know how they learned anything from the 3 of us (Jen, Me, and Heidi) we were horrible.

One of the leaders. I thought this was just a funny picture!

The patio! We also served up some spooky looking snacks!
I'm kind of in a boring mood. I think the party was more fun than my boring description, but who knows when I'll be in a less boring mood. I don't feel like proofing this either so sorry to anyone who reads this before I feel like going back and reading what I wrote.

No comments: