Monday, May 3, 2010

Camera is Fixed, but not with out a price!

My camera is finally fixed! Holy Cow I could have bought a new camera for what it cost to fix it, well maybe not the same camera I had, but I could have bought a pretty nice camera! I thought I better do a little update as it seems my kids just keep growing so fast that I can hardly keep up. I'm trying not to feel bad about all the things I'm not doing, and just be happy about what I am able to do. Hopefully my kids will forgive me for my imperfections! A few mornings ago Halle woke and told me "Mom I had a nightmare last night, Daddy had only one big green eye and he was really scary!" Brent as a cyclops is probably pretty scary.


The kids sent me on a treasure hunt to find all of the gifts they made me for Mother's Day! Brent caught my every move on camera. I only incorporated a few of them, and I only put them in because I thought it was funny how many pictures Brent took of me. I don't really like pictures of myself. Pictures of the kids are cute, but of me not so cute!!!

This is me making a really cute face (not), but hey I'm happy! A card from my sweet little Hayden with lots of coupons! I love a homemade gift!


Me with my coaster made by lovely Kara! Kelton also made me a gift that I love! It was a great day.

Kara made me this cute little card and basket at Activity Days! The kids were all really excited to share their gifts with me. Kelton also learned a piano song, "Mother I love you" that he played for me. He had been practicing it at home, but I had not heard it since he had asked me to plug my ears every time he practiced the piano! The kids woke up early and cleaned up the upstairs, made there beds, got all dressed for church, and with Bent's help made me my favorite breakfast pumpkin waffles with lots of blueberries. My other gift was to be early enough to sit on the soft seats at church (yeah). Grandpa made a great dinner and we all got to hang out with Nanny, Grandma Benge and my mom. After dinner we played ultimate Frisbee! Natalie and I were unbelievably good and I am sure next time we play the kids will be fighting over who gets to be on our team. Halle opted to watch and had a little tea party with Nanny. The weather was beautiful, the kids tried not to fight, and Brent made me a nice card and kept the kitchen clean! Who could ask for more!!

Hayden's team won a limo ride! They all filled out their leadership forms and so they won this limo ride! They were soooo excited.

The other day I was wearing a shirt that well it is a little rude. I bought it because I liked the colors and I really did not read what it said, so when the kids were asking what it said, and I was trying to explain that it is a little rude. Kara chimed in trying to make me feel better about myself for wearing it by saying "it's o.k. mom you didn't know it was rude, it's not your fault." Then Hayden chimed in with "actually it is your fault because you are choosing to wear it!" Hey what can I say he keeps me in line!!!
Kelton's class was learning about different careers at school so he drew a picture of himself in the career he wants to be when he grows up. I looked at the picture and said, "You want to work at Inn and Out Burger when you grow up(it was clearly a picture of him working at Inn N Out Burger?" He said, "No but I just could not make up my mind what to draw because I also want to be a fireman, a truck driver, a lawyer, a policeman, a house builder, a banker, a farmer, an engineer, a teacher, (so he named about every other job there is and then he said).................... wow I think I'm gonna be really tired after I get done doing all those jobs!"
Oh and this one last picture was of this amazing full rainbow that appeared in our backyard after a huge crazy hail storm. This is the moment I decided to fix my camera, because I just could not get a good picture no matter how I tried! It was a sign for me to spend the money and fix my camera. I hope I read the sign the right way.


2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Fun catching up on your blog! I have been absent for several months, but hopefully will be back in the updating world! :) Glad you are going good and had a great Mother's Day! :)

Laura said...

I love those pictures of you!
Happy Mother's Day.