Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thanksgiving!

I'm going to post some pictures of Thanksgiving, but I don't have time right now.  I thought I would write just a little update so I can feel good about myself purely selfish motivation.  Do you ever have so much to do that you don't know what to do?  I'm almost paralyzed by the list I have in front of me.  I think its looking at the list and knowing you really don't have enough time to do anything on the list, then wondering what you should start on the list that you won't be able to finish.

We went to Idaho for Thanksgiving which was lots of fun.  The kids had a great time with there cousins and wanted to live in Idaho again.  Every time we visit they want to live their again.  I think when you grow up somewhere it just will always be home to you, especially when you have lots of good memories there.  I always wanted to go back to Idaho because I had so many great childhood memories.

The kids are all doing really good here and we really like it.  So far the weather has been great, which is always a concern for me since I love warm weather.  Hayden's teacher called Brent on his cell phone the other day out of the blue to tell him what a wonderful student Hayden is and how he loves having him in his class.  He said he is always very helpful and kind.  That was a nice call to get.

I've been working a lot since this is a busy time for the surgery center.  I'm now training in the O.R. which has actually been kind of fun.  I was dreading it, but it's not too bad so far.  Everyone I work with is great.  It's kind of fun to see how everything works out from pre-op to OR to post-op.  It makes you realize how much everyone is doing and also to be a little more understanding when things are missed or mistakes are made.  The people I work with have noticed that I don't swear so they try not to swear around me.  It's kind of funny because I have never said I don't swear, but I guess they just notice.  I'm training with an OR nurse and she swears a bit, but it is appropriate swearing so I don't really notice, but she is trying so hard not to swear around me.  It is actually quite funny.  She is like "oops bad word."  The reason I say appropriate is because there are lots of times when you work in the medical field that swearing seems to be appropriate. I've just never sworn before so bad words just don't pop into my head when something bad happens.  It's actually more work for me to think of a bad word.  There are lots of funny weird people that come in for surgery.  It's interesting to here about all the ways you can hurt yourself from motorcycle accidents, to gardening, to putting your underwear on.

So anyway its back to work for me, but what to do on my day off today?  Should I do laundry, clean up my very dirty house, go Christmas shopping, exercise, go grocery shopping, help at the school, go to running day, or maybe go visiting teaching, or maybe I should prepare my Sunday School lesson, or maybe I should write my Christmas card, or make cookies for the lady that takes my kids to school, make teacher gifts or by them, go to the post office and mail off my gifts??????????????????????????  The list seems to go on and on and I'm sure it always will.  I'm grateful I have so much to do on my day off and that none of those things I choose to do will cause anyone harm or kill someone if I do them wrong.

I'm so grateful for family, good friends, and good people.  Its just nice to be around nice people(that is just a profound thought isn't it!).  

No comments: