Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Mouse in our House!!

Here is Mr. Mouse!! I HATE MICE!! Well this little critter was running around in our house leaving its droppings around!!! Very gross!! It showed itself last night!! It ran or crawled (for all of you Tom and Jerry fans) out into the kitchen while we were treacherously trying to finish Hayden's Construction project. It scared us and we scared it and it ended up under the stove! Well we of course had just cleaned out the garage and I had taken it upon myself to throw away all of the traps we had (they looked a little dirty). I have also been organizing so that means their is nothing left in the house, because I have thrown almost everything away! I have only had to go threw the garbage twice, but that is another story in and of itself (how come as soon as you throw something away it becomes a life or death situation, that tiny piece of paper that has meant absolutely nothing for an entire year is now the piece of paper that is needed to save you hundreds of dollars!!) Anyway back to my story!! I immediately called the people I know who are always prepared!! Mom and Dad!! They have mouse experience!! They of course came through!! Dad was at my door in a matter of seconds! He had the hard core traps, the ones that actually snap the mice in two (yuck). He smothered them with peanut butter, and this morning I awoke to a dead mouse! I tried not to look, Brent took it out!! I of course will be disinfecting my house for the next few days!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is the worst, I'm so glad you aren't dealing with it anymore. We live in a home that is about 60 yrs old and the other day I could hear something in the wall. Haven't seen anything YET, and I have been examining every square inch of floor searching for any sign of a dropping. Thank goodness for pest control companies... and dads.

Kathy D said...

Gross. We had one two weeks ago. But now it is dead and hopefully all of its friends got the word about the traps.