Saturday, July 21, 2012

Goodbye Mississippi

I'm going to try and blast through this so I can catch up a little.  Brent is only allowing me a few minutes to blog.
These are my cute little Scouts!  These boys are so sweet and I am really going to miss them!!
We loved Wednesday nights at the church.  Dart wars, tag, ping pong, and all sorts of fun we had.
Halle and her sweet little friend joined our cub scout group sometimes.  We needed a few extra's!  Halle thought being a Scout was awesome!!!
The truck arrived.  It all seems like a crazy dream.
Packing and packing for two weeks solid.  Every moment was spent packing.
We took down the trampoline to find almost every spring full of black widows!
The eggs!

One of the black widows!

Lots of black widows!!!



The Red spot!  I had never seen a black widow, especially this many!  Can you believe these were lurking all around my trampoline where my kids were playing?  Scary!

Packing the truck was soooo much fun :)  NOT!


I made Hayden the camera man so that he would actually do something.  

Kelton and Kara worked like crazy!  They loaded at least 50 boxes into the truck!



Halle was a great helper too!


Kelton was dripping with sweat!  He worked sooo hard!
I'd like to say Hayden worked really hard, but then I would be lying and I try hard not to lie.  He helped a tiny bit, but mostly stood and watched us until we told him to do something.



My sweaty guy!


Come on Halle we can do it!!!

Can't leave Mississippi with out some great teeth pictures!

Our sweet little neighbor girls!  We will miss them!


Moving is exhausting!
All this stuff!
Has to fit into this trunk!  Can we do it?  Brent, "No we can't!"  Alison, "Yes we can!"
We did it!
Brent is amazing at using every last inch.  If you ever need help moving!  He is awesome at it!!
Kara and Brent very very excited to get on the road!
Our cute little neighbors!  They have the cute little girls that Halle played with.  They also watched the kids for me after school while I worked.  The kids played kickball and baseball with them after school.  Brad also took Hayden paint-balling with him.  Don't you wish you could take all your good friends with you when you move?  I hate leaving friends behind.  We made some good friends that we will never forget.  What great examples they were to us.  I didn't get pictures of everything I wanted to before I left, but this will have to do.  I had a bucket list of things I wanted to do while I was in the South, but I only managed to get half way through it.  

Halle letting her friends know she will be coming to Idaho very soon!
Our little Mississippi home all empty!

Hayden hmm moping a little????
Goodbye Gulf

Goodbye beautiful homes with white picket fences!


I loved this beautiful drive down the coast.












As we packed our stuff into the truck the rain pored and pored down upon us!  We were a little worried it would flood and our truck would be washed away.  When your packing by the end you don't even care.  I wanted to just drive away and leave all my stuff behind.




Goodbye Bay Bridge!  When we first arrived I was scared to drive over this bridge, but by the time we left it  was one of my favorite things to do.  It was soo beautiful.  Sometimes this is how life is.  Things that are very scary to us end up being a wonderful experience.  I don't like trying new things, but I think I've learned that sometimes those things that I'm scared of end up being the best things in life.  It's better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

It was a stormy day.  The day we left town.  

Goodbye humidity!

Goodbye bugs!  Goodbye No-see-ums, love bugs, ear wigs, mosquitoes, termites, jumping spiders, black widows, cockroaches, and every other bug that lives here.

Goodbye friends!

Goodbye Pass Christian!
Goodbye snakes, gators, and infestations.
Goodbye hurricanes!
Goodbye lightning storms.
Goodbye beautiful butterflies.
Goodbye rope swing.
Goodbye bay.
Goodbye soft sand.
Goodbye green green foliage. 
Goodbye Southern language.
Goodbye pot-holes.
Goodbye dogs that run free.
Goodbye southern rules.
Goodbye unbuckled children.
Goodbye Crab Fests.
Goodbye craw-fish boils.
Goodbye smokes, tats, and spirits.

Goodbye South!

We made so many wonderful memories here in the South.  We met wonderful people and learned so much.  Brent says this is the end.

No comments: