Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Hayden had to run a 5 k for Scouts and so we decided to all do it.  If you ran the race then you would get into the water park for free.  So for my Birthday we all ran the race.
 Kelton said, "Mom your so lucky you get to go to the water park for your Birthday!  That is the best Birthday ever!"
 We had sooooo much fun running the race.  I didn't know a race could be so much fun.  It was very inspiring seeing very young and old people out running together.  Watching people push themselves to reach a goal was just Awesome.  Halle has a hard time running with her little legs, but she just kept going.  I was so proud of her.  Hayden ran his 5k in 28 minutes, Kara ran the mile in 11min, Kelton ran the mile in 9 minutes, and me and Halle did the mile in 12minutes.  They gave out trophies at the end too and it really inspired the kids to want to do better.  The only thing that could have made the day better is if Brent could have been there with us.  He had to work, but I know he would have loved it.
 They were pooped after and Halle was very sore the next day.  She could hardly walk her muscles were so sore.  It's funny kids jump around all over the place so you think they would not get sore, but I guess you use different muscles when you run for a longer period of time.
 The water park was lots of fun, and my kids put it on there list of things they want to do again!
Hayden was in charge of picture taking for my Birthday Cake party!  
 This is one of Kara's projects.  Oprah in her studio.  It is her time line on Oprah.  I had to take a picture because for my birthday all of Kara's projects were finally finished.  Her teachers wanted to keep 2 of the projects, so I didn't get a picture of them.  Well I do have one, but it will be in my next post!
 My cake!  Brent and the kids made Texas cake and it was delicious.
 I try to avoid pictures, but I guess on my birthday I'll be in a picture.
 Hayden says I always make a funny face for the camera.
That is why I look funny in pictures, because I always make funny faces!
 Kids at the party

I love Sundays!

 One Wild Party!

So blessed to have children and a wonderful husband.
They were my gift this year, and I can't imagine anything better.



yummy

No comments: